Sunday, May 11, 2014

Maui's Sugar Cove. Life is sweeter here.



Thursday April 24, 2014

Oceanfront living on Maui's Sugar Cove. Life is sweeter here.

It felt like we'd never get the packing done, get the dogs and cats taken care of, get the mail held, blah, blah, blah. One plane ride later, we're finally here.

Sugar Cove, our home away from home on Maui's North Shore. Before we bought this place, we'd heard that life is sweeter here. Whoever came up with that line was spot-on. Here's what we have planned for today:

• Wake up whenever we feel like it. Of course, being on mainland time, our bodies will want to wake up at 4:00 or 5:00, but that's okay. Let them wake up if they want to. Right now laying in bed with the windows and the lanai door open and listening to the ocean just 40 steps away sounds perfect to me.

• Pull the surfboards out. Decide which one to use for the morning session. Man, the beach smell, the sound of shore break, the easy going Sugar Cove swell...they're all calling my name.

• Tweak the sails add just tad more downhaul. Break out my Da Kine cool tool. Tighten the foot straps and, just in case kiting looks like the theme, my lines are all set and my pump is ready to rock. Basically, I’m locked and ready for all forms of ocean adrenalin fun. Decisions, decisions. It sure is nice to be in that place in life where I can really enjoy the fruits of all my work. I can’t think of a better place to be than right here right now.

• Before 11, breakfast on our lanai, which looks directly at the ocean. Beach life certainly inspires a positive and health oriented perspective all wrapped up in the can-do attitude seen in almost everyone’s stride here. It so refreshing to be among my type of “peeps.”

• Consider unpacking for a moment. Maybe not. We'll save that for later.

• 11:15. Time to a pull the trigger. Kite or windsurf? Hmm, I’ll do both. First windsurf, then lunch. My late afternoon session will be a blast upwind to Baby Beach and then send it downwind for a sunset run.

• Right on. I’m finally starting to feel what it must be like to smack the lip. I can now claim that I am within two board lengths of seeing the lip. That calls for a lunch break. Straight out of the water, up the steps, rig and all. A quick hose off on the green grass that I don’t have to cut. Yahoo.

With an ounce of newfound wave-conquering confidence, I land on the lanai, fire up the BBQ and sear that fresh ahi caught by my neighbor on my arrival. Tell me, does life get any sweeter than my condo on Maui’s North Shore with the ocean view and the beach just 40 steps away? This is it. I hereby declare I will no longer stress about missing another session again.

Love, Live Maui at Sugar Cove.

• Did you know Sugar Cove Unit 2C is for sale?
Send me a note so I can introduce you.....

No comments:

Post a Comment